SEO content: 8 tips for the perfect content
We have already explained to you in previous articles what content marketing is, what good reasons there are for it and what constitutes unique content. Below, we want to share with you the eight ultimate tips for awesome SEO content. With these you will make users and search engine shine!
Content is king: What users love, Google likes too
Search engine optimization constantly challenges businesses: Google works tirelessly to improve its algorithms . For you, this means that the factors that are significant for a high ranking also change.
Through updates such as Panda or Penguin, the Google algorithm more and more intelligent – it recognizes meanwhile not only dull rows of keywords, but also the sense content of a text. In consequence, this means that your website can be perfectly SEO-optimized from a technical point of view, if the content has no substance, you will also not achieve excellent rankings.
Thus, the Google algorithm is getting closer and closer to the behavior of the users. If the content doesn’t resonate with them, it often ranks poorly on Google as well. After all, the search engine also derives the relevance of your page from the behavior of the users on it.
Generate the best SEO content with these tips
Google always wants to provide users with relevant search results that deliver added value. To make sure that both Google and the users love the content of your website, here are the tips we promised you!
Tip 1: Focus on the user for high-quality content
High-quality content – what is to be understood by it, there are sometimes widely differing opinions. At least when it comes to topics and writing styles.
- For your Only your target group plays a role for your SEO contentTheir problems and concerns are your focus. So you should know this group intimately. Provide them with content that gives them the information that will move that user group forward. If you solve their problems and satisfy their concerns, these people usually come back because they remember them positively. The content has real added value for them.
- The Google bot registers traffic to your site and ranks it as more relevant.
ImportantThe content must not overwhelm or even mislead the user. So make sure that people can really get the benefit they are looking for. Hands off pure information overload or click-baiting.
King class: “Linkable Assets
The top class among the contents are those that are so unique and relevant for the users that they like to link them themselves – the “linkable assets”.
By the way, you kill three birds with one stone: Google finds your content good, the users find it even better. And the best thing is the links from trustworthy high traffic sites to your website. The result: good ranking in the search engine and a plus for your brand presence.
- Your content solves an acute problem of your target group
- He hits exactly a nerve of the target group
- It supplements or underpins another article
- The content shows a completely new perspective on the topic
#Tip2: Pay attention to the right use of keywords
One thing is clear: Without keywords there are no rankings in the search engine! Finding the appropriate keywords for your content and target audience requires thorough keyword research. This forms the basis of every successful content strategy.
The aim of the research is to find the search terms that the target group uses to search for a topic with a reliable frequency. The final choice of keywords depends on the search intention behind them. This can be assigned to one of the following categories:
- The Know Search: What is a chicken?
- The To-Do Search: I want to buy a chicken!
- The Visit-In-Person search: I want to go to a farm with chickens.
- The Multiple-User-Intent-Search: The search intention cannot be clearly assigned to a category. Here it is necessary to analyse which intention is most likely to be served. Apart from that, some users are specifically looking for a product, a website or want the answer to a specific question. This ranges from searches like “Facebook” to “H&M jeans grey mottled size XL”.
So remember: Have the Search intention behind the keyword exactly in the viewbefore you plan and create a new content piece. Try to satisfy that intention as much as possible and answer as many questions as necessary for the user so they don’t have to look elsewhere. Good content – low bounce rate!
The keywords are found, now what?
After you have found your keywords with a tool, it’s time for the correct correct placement in the text.
- A focus keyword absolutely belongs in the H1, at least one H2 and, if available, one of the H3 headings. Likewise, it has a permanent place in the URL, the title tag and the meta description.
- If you use images or graphics, don’t forget the alt tag – that’s where the focus keyword should appear.
- In the text itself, it is important to mention all keywords – even in bold or italics. However, make sure that the keywords make sense along with the rest of the sentence.
Avoid keyword stuffing – your content is not a stuffing goose!
Tip 3: Format your content in a user-friendly way – make it snackable!
No one wants to be slain by a wall of text as soon as they open a web page. A never-ending block of text overwhelms the eye and makes it almost impossible to find the desired information. The reaction to this is not infrequently to flee to a competitor’s site, your bounce rate increases.
In addition, a search query on Google often takes place incidentally – for example, because an idea or question came up in a conversation. As a consequence users want to see everything easily accessible in front of them and be able to orientate themselves effortlessly. Digging through a salad of text is undesirable.
The keyword is“snackable content!” This Content is presented in such a way that it can be easily consumed on the side. He consists of small, crisp text bitesThe desired information jumps out of them into the user’s eye as if by itself. Snackable content is ideal for satisfying users and thus keeping the bounce rate low. A snack like this is a treat for Google too!
You generate this kind of content when you think about how a user behaves on your site. Besides the actual content, the user experience is the be-all and end-all. Very few people read your texts completely from top to bottom – users skim it for the information they are looking for.
#Tip 4: Appropriate length and a good language level of the content
There is no watertight rule of thumb for the optimal text length, but Google generally loves longer posts. The bot equates text volume with higher information content that provides greater value to users. On average, a Text length of 1000 words provenwhich Google rewards with a better ranking.
However, keep the text genre in mind: Depending on whether it’s a blog post, category text for your products, or a landing page, the average word count will vary. Think in advance about the goal you are pursuing with the content. Do users really read a 1000 word landing page if it’s just a stepping stone to the actual web content?
The Language level on your website is also an issue for Google. Correct spelling and grammar is rewarded by the algorithm with better rankings.
Another factor again concerns your target group: The use of language should suit her. If your site is aimed at customers of an insurance company, a casual style of speaking and a first name is rather inappropriate. A vocabulary that is too highbrow, on the other hand, is off-putting on a page for leisure offers. Sounds magical, but it’s true: The Google Bot recognizes this and ranks your page better if the target group and language match.
Tip 5: Avoid duplicate content like the devil avoids holy water!
If the number of page twins is small, this does not necessarily cause major problems. But if this happens too often, you will lose good ranking potential.
Therefore, always ensure that you have unique content on your website!
Tip 6: For more trust – insert meaningful links
Don’t be afraid to link to another website at one point or another. Links to relevant pagesthat complement your information are welcome by Google. You increase the trust into your website – especially if you link to big name websites. If your content is high quality, you don’t have to worry about users migrating to your competitors.
To make your content good for cross-reading, consider the following:
- Create small paragraphs to avoid walls of text.
- Use boldface to create a thread through the text.
- Don’t skimp on subheadings – better one more than too few.
- Summarize everything listed in lists.
- Supplement the text with graphics or videos.
- Set clear Calls To Action (CTAs)
Tip 7: Even finished content needs maintenance
Once you’ve published your content, don’t let it collect dust in the “checked off” corner. Edit it again at regular intervals. For example, you can supplement the content with new, suitable graphics or videos. Or you can update it as soon as there is new information on the topic.
Keeping your content up to date pays off: Just like the users, the search engine appreciates content that is up-to-date. The Google bot never stops crawling and keeps returning to pages it knows. So he notices when something has changed on your website. The bot even recognizes if it’s minor changes or major updates and remembers that you’re taking care of your content regularly. Google then rewards well-maintained content with better rankings.
#Tip 8: Offer a good content mix
“It’s all in the mix” doesn’t just apply to the famous double candy bar. Constantly uploading the same type of content will bore your website visitors in the long run. On the other hand, if you use a mix of different formats, you give your content more dimension!
Aside from the classic blog post, there are a lot of other content formats you can choose from:
- How-to: Users love how-to and DIY content.
- Expert interviews: Take the chance to consolidate your expert status on a topic.
- Infographics: They help to convey complex issues in an understandable way.
- Listicles: This article here shows you – content in list format is nice and clear.
- Reviews: Also solidify your expert status and show that you really care about the subject matter.
- Studies: are excellent to back up your statements and build confidence.
- Videos: Count as the number one snackable content and should not be missing from any website.
As an insurance broker, for example, you can shine by offering expert tips on insurance policies to generate traffic to your site.
In the technology or IT industry, you can provide users with news about new innovations or, as the operator of a shop, run a countdown to the next sale.
If you are attractive to users through varied content, they will reward you with long clicks, a high dwell time and a low bounce rate. This user behavior sends a signal to the search engine that your website is an excellent search result with high relevance..
A successful content mix requires a well thought-out content plan – without one, nothing works. In this plan, you record when you upload what kind of content, and you keep track of it to avoid duplication.
As you can see, no one in this day and age can avoid delivering SEO content that is palatable to users and Google alike. Finally, we’ll list the most important things for you again in bullet points:
- Define your target audience and know them well.
- Satisfy the search intentions of the target audience.
- Offer users content that adds value.
- Use keywords wisely, the content must correspond to the natural use of language.
- Make sure you have a good content mix that fits your industry.
If you pay attention to all of this and stay consistent with it, your website’s ranking will continuously improve in the long run.
Consistent, long-term and continuous … ? Right – that means you’re not in for an overnight ranking miracle!
SEO content from Backlinked
Creating really good SEO content is not something you can let anyone do on the side. As you can guess by now, content marketing is a lot of work – from preparation to content creation, the person in charge has to be good at writing and know a thing or two about SEO. You also need to make sure that your published content is maintained and that there is a regular supply of new content. So much for the sour grapes to swallow.
The good news is that even if your company doesn’t have or can’t afford an in-house editorial team for SEO content, you don’t have to despair. Backlinked offers you everything you need to shine on the internet! We advise you and deliver excellent content at reasonable prices. And if you want, we offer you the complete service from keyword research, editorial plan, content creation to on-page and off-page optimization.
We make the users, the search engine and you shine – all good things come in threes!
Your comment has been sent successfully.
Your comment will be checked
Das könnte dich auch interessieren:
TOP 8 link building mistakes that are hurting your website!
Everyone who deals with search engine optimization will sooner or later be confronted with “...
UPDATE: Google Indexing: Manual Link Indexing currently not possible!
UPDATE Manual indexing via Search Console is back just in time for Christmas! This post...
Rich Snippets: Google ratings in search results (2021)
A sunny day is dawning…. You come into the office, grab a coffee and open...