What is Black Hat SEO?
In the field of search engine optimization, a basic distinction is made between “black hats” and “white hats”. In principle, this only distinguishes between “good and evil”.
Definition and general
In the field of SEO there are also tactics to trick Google and Co. The goal of the Black Hats is usually the Increase in link popularity, which can be achieved by a wide variety of strategies in a very short time.The term is also used in the hacker scene and refers to criminal hackers who trick the system and disregard any rules.Setting links can also be a software. Since Google’s updates like Panda or Penguin, the battle has been declared against black hats and since then methods like text hiding or link networks are not very effective anymore.
A major disadvantage is the downgrading of web content(penalty) or complete deletion as a consequence.
advantages and disadvantages
Website owners have the opportunity to gain high link popularity in a short period of time and make a huge profit. It is often used because the spam detection algorithms take some time to identify this.
Search engines are usually very quick to recognize techniques like Black Hat SEO these days. Because the financial damage of aGoogle Penalty can be considerable, it is often greater than the benefit you can achieve in the short term.
The majority of SEOs consider Black Hat SEO to be absolutely unethical and rely on White Hat SEO.
The different strategies
- One possible strategy is the placement of thousands of backlinks in forums or similar using software (e.g. XRumer). This software automatically creates accounts in forums and automatically posts links to increase the link popularity.
- Another strategy and one of the most common is to create a Private Blog Network. The sole purpose is to build a network of links.
- Also a well-known strategy is the use of so-called expired domains. These are bought by SEOs to strengthen the link building, because they have a high domain trust.
- Doorway pages are intermediate pages that only serve to get more traffic.
- Link buying is another option for black hats. Backlinks are bought from other sites to increase link popularity.
- Article spinning” is another method. In this process, the content of a text is formulated into a new text by a program. Thus “apparently” new content is created.
- When a search engine is shown a different web page than the user, this is called cloaking.
- Once you’ve done everything you can to increase your own link popularity, what options are left? RIGHT, devalue the websites of the competition. To do this, links can be deliberately placed on competitor sites using link exchange programs so that they are kicked out of the rankings. This technique counts as Negative SEO.
The fine line between White and Black Hat
Many websites fall right in between black hat SEO and white hat SEO. The term Grey Hat SEO is therefore obvious. This is spoken of when websites are in a grey area of Google’s guidelines. With these websites it is only a matter of time until they are also recognized by Google and banned from the index. So it’s better to try to follow the guidelines right away.
Here’s a video to educate you about Google’s webmaster guidelines:
Of course you can also read the guidelines at the following link:
Through Black Hat SEO, you can achieve high link popularity in the short term, but it’s not worth it in the long run. Besides, it’s immoral. Because search engines today are usually able to quickly expose such technology, so that in the worst cases a Google Penalty or an exclusion from the index is to be feared.
Your comment has been sent successfully.
Your comment will be checked
Das könnte dich auch interessieren:
Google My Business
Mit Google My Business (früher Google Places oder Plus Local) können Unternehmen ihre Präsenz bei...
Die Abkürzung API steht für „application programming interface“, zu Deutsch „Anwendungs-Programmierungs-Oberfläche“. Sie ist ein Oberbegriff...
„Local SEO“ ist der Oberbegriff für Maßnahmen aus dem Bereich der lokalen Suchmaschinenoptimierung. Sie hat...